Schedules and Payments
- Students will make the most progress with a consistent practice schedule. For a young beginner, this may be just 10 minutes per day. For an older, more advanced student, it may be an hour per day. I can help you to determine what is best for you and how to make the best use of your time. I recommend a commitment to practicing six days per week.
- Students will be given specific assignments at the end of each lesson. It is the student's responsibility to practice these assignments daily and bring their assignment notebook to each lesson.
- Remember to bring your instrument, any accessories, assignment notebook, and all of your music to every lesson.
- Feel free to call or e-mail if you are confused about something. I don't mind spending a few minutes explaining something again if it will help you to have a successful week of practice.
- Arrive at your lesson ready to learn and do your best!
- Parents are welcome and encouraged to sit in on their children's lessons, and I'm always happy to discuss any questions regyour child's progress.
- Parents of children under the age of 9 should plan to attend lessons and assist as a “home teacher.” During the lesson I will work with your child, and I will also help you to learn how to help him or her continue progress at home during the week.
- Please assist your child in establishing a regular daily practice schedule. Children need help establishing routines and developing the discipline to remain consistent.
Schedules and Payments
- Parents and students will have a weekly appointment scheduled at my studio.
- Scheduling one lesson per week is recommended, but occasionally students will opt for two.
- Lessons are billed monthly, with payment due prior to the first lesson of the month. Lessons may be paid using check or cash.
- Students are permitted up to three excused absences per calendar year. An excused absence is one that is cancelled at least three hours prior to the scheduled lesson. If a lesson is excused you will have a choice between rescheduling the lesson, or applying a credit towards the next month’s lessons. An absence is considered unexcused if it is cancelled less than three hours before a lesson, or if the student does not call and does not show up. All absences other than the three excused absences will be forfeited, and fees will not be refunded.
- The person responsible for payment will be responsible for any fees incurred for returned checks.
- If the teacher must miss a lesson for any reason, you will be offered the opportunity to schedule a make-up lesson or to receive a credit toward the next month’s payment.
- Please understand that late arrivals may not be guaranteed their full lesson time due to appointments and responsibilities that may follow.